Thursday, April 17, 2008

Drum and Bugle Corps through the Decades





I thought that I would give you a bit of a flavor into one of my favorite pastimes. Each summer I go to at least one drum corps competition. I guess I'm an addict of sorts. I enjoy the music, the energy, the color guard, well...just everything.

Above in the video is a corps called the Bayonne Bridgemen. This video (both parts) is from 1976. In each successive posting, I will show clips of how this art form has evolved.

Some of what you see above still takes place and some of what you see is now considered outdated. I will not tell you much of what happened because you will be able to see for yourself. It will be a primer for those who never have seen what drum and bugle corps used to be like.

Just thought I'd share a little of what I like with you.

Your Nashville Friend,

Thom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched part one. I think I'd like to see some high school band competitions. Have any ideas on where to look for these events?

Thom Takes On The World said...

Nick,

You may want to visit the following site for high school marching bands: http://www.marching.com/

You may wish to try seeking for videos from the "Bands of America" competitions when looking for a YouTube video.

Powered By Blogger