Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Okay, So Now What?


This picture was taken in St. Petersburg Russia. Guess which one is me. Hint, the other ones are manequins. It looks like Alexander and his collegue were wondering just how to create the country that they had dreamed of.

I have been listening to many podcasts lately and it seems that there are a number of podcasters who were wondering if they should discontinue. I heard that a few have already. It makes me wonder what they will be doing next to have a creative outlet.

The State Legislature will be voting to see if they want to extend my council of which I am the director. If they do not, I will be wondering what my next step will be. What will I do? I really do not know what I would do.

I guess that I will have to take a look at my skills and see what I might be good at doing and see how I could get paid for doing it...legally. I had to add the "legally" part because I know how some of you have your mind in the gutter! LOL

I think that I will be fine. The council has done some amazing things in its 30 years of existance and it serves a great purpose. If the Legislature decides to terminate the council, I am sure that there would be a great outcry which would not go well for them politically.

Evenso, I still wonder. What would I do if faced with that challenge? I know that all in all I would be all right...somehow.

What would you do if you faced the end of the road with your job? Leave a comment.

Your Nashville Friend,

Thom

3 comments:

RambleRedhead said...

Thom

I can say that I have had my share of jobs that suck big time. I mean the one I have now is something I love to do and help people but I have to travel so much and it is driving me crazy. I really hope I can find something local and soon!

Years ago I had worked for a company for over 8 years and loved it and made good money for what I was doing. Management decided to make a horrible decision that resulted in 30 people (including me) to lose their jobs and it was also while I was activated while in the military (it was right after 9/11) and guess how I found out I had lost my job? My boss called me - nope! I received a letter - nope! The answer is I received an voicemail telling me that I no longer had a job after 8 years of service with them. Everyone else was personally visited by the boss and since I was at the base - he didn't think he could do that!

So very soon I may be saying Ok so now what as well and I really hope for the best for the two of us!

Hugs

RR

Anonymous said...

If I told you what I really do for a living you'd see that there is absolutely no way I'd ever need worry about being unemployed. The issue for me is really one of boredom and growing older. I so wish I could rest. Seems I'll drop dead working and that will mark the day I become permanently unemployed from work and from life. Till that day I'll reluctantly continue. A slave to corporate America. Waking to an annoying alarm clock every weekday morning. I guess I should be thankful. But I can't help but think there has got to be something better than this.

Paul_in_London said...

I'm fortunate that I have a profession that would enable me to easily find another job at another hospital. Also I work in the National Health Service where job security is relatively the norm. However, whether I'd, psychologically, easily make the change at my age is debatable. If the situation arose I guess I'd opt for early retirement as I'm planning to retire in three years time, at 58, anyway - that being the age when it becomes finacially viable to go without losing too much from either the lump sum or the monthly pension. The public sector employee pension schemes, especially the N.H.S. one, are very generous - I've worked for the N.H.S. for 32 years and paid into the scheme all that time.

Powered By Blogger