Thursday, April 3, 2008

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!



I know that rain is a part of Springtime but come on! My backyard looks like a bog. It has been raining here 6 out of 8 days here. The skies have been grey for a long time...so long that I wonder what blue sky looks like anymore. I really had to look hard to find some joy during this time of year.

Usually it is winter that gets me depressed. You know the cold weather and the bitterness of the stinging sleet against your face can really get to you. I had hoped that the season of spring would help me to feel better. With all of this rain it has not made me feel better so far.

What I have learned is that the season or the weather should not be in charge of my emotional state. I need to find within myself the joy that we all should have to keep us level during all seasons of life. When I go outside and the rain hits my face I now smile because I know that I am stronger than the rain, I am stronger than the grey skies, and I am stronger than the current bleak forecast.

I hope that you are all doing well. If it is raining where you are; don't let it wear you down. Be strong and get out in the rain and smile. Know that you are stronger than what is around you. Hugs are great during this time. If you need a hug, giving one means that you get one in return.

You're gonna make it afterall!

Your Nashville Friend,

Thom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on wishing for the rain to end. But I do also hate those 100 degree/100 percent humidity days ahead of us this summer. Sweats nice if its not your own. That's when I retreat to the inside. Hope you are better soon.

Powered By Blogger