Monday, March 3, 2008

From Seemingly Disaster to Beauty




Look at these two pictures that I took less than one week apart from each other. The first shows flowers that were just budding that were hit by a very cold snow storm. The second picture shows these flowers less than a week later in full bloom being enjoyed by those who visit me. What a dramatic difference a week makes! These flowers endured a lot just to expose their beauty.

The pessimist in me would say that they would pull through because they are a hardy sort of flower. The reality is that last year the same thing happened weather-wise and they did not bloom as well. Most died.

What am I trying to say here? I have learned that sometimes hard times will come to my life. Sometimes it will be tough and I will have to wait a year or so until I can attain what I am seeking. It does not mean that just because I have a set-back that it is not going to happen. It may only take a week, but it may be a year...or longer. The results, from what I've seen, are worth the wait. Look at how beautiful those flowers are! I hope that in some way that my life looks that way in respects where I have struggled to become caring, considerate, compassionate, cheerful, and kind.

Here's to our blooming of our inner self this spring and all throughout the years to come! Hang in there! We are all beautiful inside. Sometimes it takes a while to be recognized as beautiful on the outside...even by us.

Your Nashville Friend,

Thom

No comments:

Powered By Blogger