Friday, February 22, 2008

My Dream Car


I know what you are thinking. How in the world could a cool, sophisticated, and sexy guy like me like a car that is over 25 years old. Come on! It is cool! No other car is covered in stainless steel. No other car was made to be sporty and extremely safe. No other car is recognized as greatly as the Delorean Motor Car!

I like the gull wing doors. They would be cool. Many think that it would require more space to open those doors, however, it actually is the opposite. It takes less space. I have purchased some raffle tickets to win one. I will find out this summer if I win it or not. It's hard to type this with my fingers crossed.

What is your dream car? Why do you like it? Did you ever get it?

Hope you have a great day!

Your Nashville Friend,

Thom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cars? ..... Thom now you're talking my language !!

I have two types of dream cars - there's the classic ones and the current models. One of the classic & quirky ones I used to hanker over I did once get to own. It was a Citroen 2CV, bright red, with a 500 c.c. two cylinder engine. (Google image it & you'll see just how quirky) & I eventually bought one in a moment of madness. Hopelessly outdated, primitive, minimal but a helluva lot of fun. Motoring at its most basic & I loved that car - drove all over the U.K. in it. Ideal for city usage but absolutely no good for long distance highway journeys - top speed, downhill, with a following wind, ya could just about hit 70 m.p.h. but it was a white knuckle ride at that speed on its skinny tires. It eventually succumbed to a rusty chassis member and had to be junked as a rebuild was just too expensive.
I even had a name for it - it was called 'Eric'.

My current up-to-date dream car would be an American one - a Chrysler 300M - they are sold over here (made in Austria) but are not common. Way over my budget alas, and living in the area of the city that we do - a decent car wouldn't last long parked on the street before it got scratched, damaged, vandalised or dented.

Powered By Blogger